Difference between litter and wastepaper
- give birth to a litter of animals
- make a place messy by strewing garbage around
- rubbish carelessly dropped or left about (especially in public places)
- conveyance consisting of a chair or bed carried on two poles by bearers
- material used to provide a bed for animals
- the offspring at one birth of a multiparous mammal
In many places, glittering among the clothes, were gold and silver coins, a few silver ornaments such as buckles, and watches -- things not missed by the pirates in the transport of their flight.
The town hall lost two bollards and a litter bin, railings, and a large stone pedestal has been cracked.
In September, return visitors to an Edinburgh guesthouse said it was time to ‘rethink the three-star rating’, complaining that the linens were ‘soiled’ and the carpet was littered with ‘crumbs and dustballs’.