Difference between faction and splinter
- a dissenting clique
- a clique (often secret) that seeks power usually through intrigue
They have recognized that their business depends on world of mouth, and that world of mouth is based on customer satisfaction.
She wasted a great part of the royal treasury for her benefactions!
We were constantly rewarded with stunning scenic views and the satisfaction of navigating challenging terrain with ease, but we didn't get very far, as the crow flies.
- a small thin sharp bit or wood or glass or metal
- break up into splinters or slivers
- withdraw from an organization or communion
- divide into slivers or splinters
The large bone of the upper arm was splintered to the elbow joint, and the wound bled freely.
Armed with splinters of steel, two ant-sized men dare the formidable mysteries of a termitary.
But the splinter of the self that consistently emerges as the common enemy of the true and the good alike is the will, always seeking to overleap its own bounds.