Difference between curve and applicate
- curved segment (of a road or river or railroad track etc.)
- a line on a graph representing data
- the property possessed by the curving of a line or surface
- a pitch of a baseball that is thrown with spin so that its path curves as it approaches the batter
- the trace of a point whose direction of motion changes
- form a curl, curve, or kink
- turn sharply; change direction abruptly
- extend in curves and turns
- bend or cause to bend
- form an arch or curve
If it were a little more curved it would collapse, imploding on itself in a cosmic crunch; a little less curved, and every star, planet, sun and galaxy would fly apart from each other and so would every atom of matter in each of them.
This gave the Roman soldier a great deal of protection as it curved around his body.
Working with steel requires different tools and skills, so there is a big learning curve for carpenters.