Difference between covering and pave
- the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it
- the act of protecting something by covering it
- the work of applying something
- a natural object that covers or envelops
- an artifact that covers something else (usually to protect or shelter or conceal it)
CNN ... why arent you covering all the "handpicked," townhalls for Obama and theliberal dems?
Helmeted police fired dozens of rounds of tear gas and kicked and clubbed unarmed protesters — one of whom cowered on the ground, covering his face.
The Trabant, for example, boasts textile floor covering and a two-tone horn.
- cover with a material such as stone or concrete to make suitable for vehicle traffic
- a setting with precious stones so closely set that no metal shows
Well, suddenly without any warning, a couple of weeks ago, men and machines arrived and started digging up the road and pavement and generally causing the usual traffic chaos.
She had sore feet from walking on hard pavements all day.
They stood, without any respect for regularity, on each side of a straggling kind of unpaved street, where children, almost in a primitive state of nakedness, lay sprawling, as if to be crushed by the hoofs of the first passing horse.