Difference between bet and push
- the money risked on a gamble
- the act of gambling
- have faith or confidence in
- maintain with or as if with a bet
- stake on the outcome of an issue
It would almost be better to have no backbench bills at all than the current system, which offers a false glimmer of hope.
Would reverse flow undergravel filtration be better?
I never believed in God, not even between the ages of six and ten, when I was an agnostic.
- approach a certain age or speed
- press, drive, or impel (someone) to action or completion of an action
- make publicity for; try to sell (a product)
- move with force
- press against forcefully without moving
- enterprising or ambitious drive
- the act of applying force in order to move something away
- an effort to advance
- the force used in pushing
- an electrical switch operated by pressing
Ballymaloe take a more seasonal approach to things by using redcurrant rather than lemon juice, made by simmering a couple of punnets of the astringent little fruits with water, and then pushing them through a sieve.
Likewise, it was ixnay on the ommentcay when asked about reports that former show exec producer Nigel Lythgoe is returning triumphant to the show after having been pushed aside a couple of seasons back when that was their Really Bright Idea for jump-starting "Idol" and revving up ratings.
With a lot of prodding and poking and pushing and cajoling, it set off with a spasmodic jerk.