- 1) countable and uncountable Any of various therapeutic exercises and other activities to treat injury or dysfunction, or such exercises and activities collectively.
- 2) uncountable The medical discipline dealing with such.
- 3) The treatment of physical dysfunction or injury by the use of therapeutic exercise and the application of modalities, intended to restore or facilitate normal function or development.
- 1) medicine A system of health care involving manipulation of the spinal column and other body structures, for the purpose of alleviating neural dysfunction.
- 2) A system of therapy in which disease is considered the result of abnormal function of the nervous system. The method of treatment usually involves manipulation of the spinal column and other body structures.
- 3) a method of medical treatment that manipulates body structures, especially the spine, in the belief that it restores proper nerve functioning.
- 4) a method of treatment that manipulates body structures (especially the spine) to relieve low back pain or even headache or high blood pressure
- 1) Even though there are over 60,000 chiropractors practicing in the US today, and colleges all over the country offer chiropractic certification, we still see some common misconceptions when the term chiropractic is mentioned.
- 2) The term chiropractic itself comes from the Greek words cheir (hand) and praxis (action) to describe treatment done by hand or hands-on treatment.
- 3) One of the best ways chiropractors can follow news on all sources of media mentioning the term chiropractic, is to subscribe to the Google News alerts for terms of interest (
- 4) The threatened resignations ... reflect a belief among many in the medical establishment that chiropractic is a "pseudo-science" that leads to unnecessary and sometimes harmful treatments ...
- 5) In the olden days, a chiropractic problem was described as a “bone out of place,” but now we refer to a chiropractic problem more specifically as a subluxation.
- 6) Granholm recognized the health benefits of long term chiropractic care despite many doctors who dispute its effectiveness.
- 7) "There's research from NYU that shows that your immune system will work between 200 to 400 percent stronger with long term chiropractic care," he said.
- 8) I’ll call it chiropractic editing because it involves adjusting the bones of the story.
- 9) You may recall that a nervous, red-eyed, nitwit ran me off the road a long while back and broke my car's transmission, putting me into some long term chiropractic care with a cute yet deliciously pervy doctor ... and then the insurance company, Assco, refused to fix my car and tried to give me 700 bucks for the whole fiasco.
- 10) ‘Finding appropriate placebos or shams for treatments such as acupuncture, chiropractic, massage therapy, or complex herbal mixtures is challenging.’
- 11) ‘Other useful complementary treatments include acupuncture, chiropractic, yoga and hypnosis.’
- 12) ‘Physical modalities, including yoga, massage, biofeedback, acupuncture, and chiropractic can also be of help.’
- 13) ‘Holistic healing modalities include acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathy, and if indicated, conventional medications and surgery.’
- 14) ‘The holistic approach includes procedures such as acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathy, and herbalogy.’
- 15) ‘Not happy to take anything lying down, I began extensive therapy, going alternatively for acupuncture and chiropractic treatments.’
- 16) ‘Many of their clients, like Ewald himself, had tried other traditional avenues of medical and chiropractic treatment - without success.’
- 17) ‘Marma therapy predates similar practices like acupuncture, acupressure, reiki and chiropractic.’
- 18) ‘The options include physiotherapy, massage, yoga, chiropractic, acupuncture and work on improving posture.’
- 19) ‘Acupuncture or chiropractic treatments may help your headaches.’
- 20) ‘It was the beginning of a new phase in chiropractic and complementary healthcare!’
- 21) ‘It was the legislative frameworks for the complementary therapists in osteopathy and chiropractic which initiated the new approach.’
- 22) ‘Other health care-related professions incorporate massage, including nursing, physical therapy, chiropractic, and osteopathy.’
- 23) ‘Other forms of complementary therapy include acupuncture and chiropractic care.’
- 24) ‘The most serious potential risks of chiropractic and osteopathy are spinal cord injury or stroke after manipulation of the neck.’
- 25) ‘The fact is that the vast majority of those who use alternative medicine are having fairly mainstream therapies like massage and chiropractic.’
- 26) ‘These include physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage and Pilates.’
- 27) ‘We prefer the view taken by Dr. Brown to that of Dr. Stick - that the assertion that chiropractic strengthens the immune system is not a fact, but a contention.’
- 28) ‘The first ones he wrote were for massage therapy and chiropractic.’
- 29) ‘I've been careful to take care of my body with massages and chiropractic sessions and treatment and all types of things.’