- 1) Any other device, household or industrial, designed to remove water, or humidity.
- 2) A household appliance that removes the water from clothing by accelerating evaporation, usually though heat and a tumbling motion.
- 3) An electric hair dryer.
- 4) An appliance that removes moisture by heating or another process.
- 5) See drier.
- 6) an appliance that removes moisture
- 7) US Alternative spelling of drier.
- 1) Alternative spelling of dryer.
- 2) Any substance that accelerates drying.
- 3) Catalyst used to promote the drying of paints and varnishes by oxidative crosslinking.
- 4) One who, or that which, dries; that which may expel or absorb moisture; a desiccative.
- 5) (Paint.) Drying oil; a substance mingled with the oil used in oil painting to make it dry quickly.
- 6) Comparative and superlative degrees of dry.
- 7) One who or that which dries or is used in drying.
- 8) comparative form of dry: more dry
- 9) of dry, a.
- 10) ofdry,a.
- 1) They went downstairs and he was going round and round the tumble dryer.
- 2) Behind the scenes, the washing machine or the dryer is always whirring away.
- 3) Dry using the diffuser nozzle on your hair dryer.
- 4) Which tumble dryer you buy also makes a difference.
- 5) The washing machine and dryer were neatly tucked away under the stairs.
- 6) Better to stay home and watch the spin dryer.
- 7) Life in the clothes dryer gets stifling.
- 8) Does this spell curtains for the trusty tumble dryer?
- 9) It resembles the inside of a clothes dryer.
- 10) Yet he had great difficulty sleeping and could only sleep at times with the motor of a hair dryer running near his bed.
- 11) It also has a washing machine and a dryer, an oven and a microwave.
- 12) Better switch that hair dryer off, sir.
- 13) Well, you can buy a more efficient tumble dryer.
- 14) But as he leant against a clothes dryer, lightning struck.
- 15) I think boss gave u the hair dryer!
- 16) If buying a new tumble dryer, think about one with a sensor that switches off when the laundry is ready.
- 17) I still can't look at a working tumble dryer.
- 18) Fewer buttons, more thoughtful design, such as a clothes dryer that reduces wrinkles in shirts and a wine cooler unit in the fridge.
- 19) A HOUSE caught fire when a can of hairspray left next to a hot hair dryer blew up.
- 20) I stripped off and invited the others to do the same so that I could put their clothes in the dryer.
- 21) Socks getting lost in the dryer is a commie fascist plot!
- 22) The conditions where a person lives might dictate whether a dryer is the best way to go too.
- 23) Talking to an insurance agent I recently found out that too much lint in the dryer is the number one cause of home fires.
- 24) Plus, what happens in a conventional dryer is also steam on this view, making all dryers steam dryers.
- 25) Bad news: I think the washer as well as the dryer is kaput.
- 26) I plug back in (I cant even tell if it worked because I am behind the stinking dryer) and I attempt to climb back over with no success (I have the bruises to show from my midnight dryer dance) FINALLY I get out and thank goodness the dryer is fixed!
- 27) Also, the guy to fix the washer and dryer is coming this afternoon. rikibeth, this means Indian food for lunch instead of sushi.
- 28) A dryer is typically the second-biggest electricity-using appliance after the refrigerator, costing about $85 to operate annually.
- 29) My dryer is 25 years old and when I open the dryer door it still keeps on spinning.
- 30) ‘The bathrooms are fully tiled while the fitted kitchens have a full range of appliances including washing machines, dryers and integrated hobs and ovens.’
- 31) ‘Many of the laundromat's washing machines and dryers are near the front of the building and appear to have avoided damage.’
- 32) ‘Then I returned to the laundry and found the dryer was done tumbling, but the heating element had failed.’
- 33) ‘Most newer refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, and dryers let you reduce the energy they consume.’
- 34) ‘Kitchen items, clothes, washing machines, and dryers must be disinfected with bleach, and all surviving interior surfaces should be cleaned to prevent mold growth.’
- 35) ‘There are two washing machines and two dryers and all users pay.’
- 36) ‘Mr O'Connor's support team are still looking for a washing machine, a dryer and a colour TV.’
- 37) ‘The adjoining utility room has further storage units and is plumbed for a washing machine and dryer.’
- 38) ‘We slept in twin bedded rooms, with sheets and duvets provided, and the bathrooms were stocked with soap, towels, hair shampoo and dryers.’
- 39) ‘I've never really worked a washing machine or dryer before, so I wasn't quite sure just what to do.’
- 40) ‘Maybe someday computers will last as long refrigerators, washers, driers or other home appliances - but not today.’
- 41) ‘In American homes, natural gas is used in furnaces, stoves, water heaters, clothes dryers, and other appliances.’
- 42) ‘Often-overlooked sources of interior heat gain are lights and household appliances, such as ovens, dishwashers, and dryers.’
- 43) ‘I'm thinking I'll cut the laundry shelf in half, get the dryer mounted on the wall and put the dishwasher underneath it.’
- 44) ‘All refrigerators, dishwashers, and dryers display an energy guide label indicating the annual estimated cost for operating the appliance or a standardized energy efficiency ratio.’
- 45) ‘According to the U.S. Department of Energy, electric clothes dryers use more energy than most other home appliances.’
- 46) ‘When I grew up in the 1950s, only the wealthy owned color TVs, clothes dryers, stereos, dishwashers and disposals.’
- 47) ‘Commander McQuade said that winter was a peak time for house fires because people were using heaters and dryers.’
- 48) ‘Electrical dryers are expensive and unaffordable to most small farmers.’
- 49) ‘Gas dryers are less expensive to operate than electric dryers.’
- 50) ‘The nonaqueous media include linseed or stand oils, dryers, varnish, alkyds, molten wax, organic solvent-based acrylic, epoxy, stains, and lacquers.’
- 51) ‘In fact, any such improvement conferred on the paint medium was probably due to the incorporation of driers into the oil used in the varnish production.’
- 52) ‘She sat William down in the seat next to Amy and told him about the paints and the dryer.’
- 53) ‘For solvent-based paints, mildewcides, driers, and antiskinning compounds are added.’
- 1) In the drier lands to the east, the clearance of the forest to make way for cattle had caused catastrophic soil erosion.
- 2) They could hear the drier voice of Justice Page behind them, instructing the gentlemen of the jury.
- 3) As the ground grew even drier and rougher, Maram's sorrel slowed his pace even more.
- 4) kukum hot-air drier, the Chula copra drier, the Seychelles Calirifre, or the oil-fired hot-air drier marketed by M/S Premier Engineering Company at Cochin (India).
- 5) Had to go appliance shopping yesterday – our 14-year-old drier is in the process of giving up the ghost.
- 6) Without frequent rains such soils become droughty and don't offer much growth potential in drier times of the year, ie, summer.
- 7) Paspalum pulchellum, Tonina fluviatilis and Utricularia subulata and in drier areas the grasses Fimbristylis paradoxa and Declieuxia fruticosa with palm thickets Acoelorraphe wrightii and Pinus caribaea var. hondurensis, 20-25 m tall.
- 8) Salient but unanswered question – for those of us living in drier country, will a toilet tank provide the necessary tidal frisson?
- 9) With global warming likely to create long-term drier conditions here in the Northwest, we can probably expect to see slow trends away from water-intensive cash-crop human chow like sweet corn and towards towards less lucrative, but less thirsty crops.
- 10) Agaves are often mistakenly classed as cacti, leading many people to refer to tequila as "a drink made from cactus", but while both agave and cacti species thrive in drier, more arid conditions, agaves are botanically unrelated to their thorny bedfellows.
- 11) Bassists like to use the terms drier and more bite to describe this phenomenon.