- 1) North America A spare tire, smaller than a full sized tire and is only intended for temporary use.
- 2) North America, automobile a peel-out or skid-mark in the shape of donut; a 360-degree skid.
- 3) North America A deep-fried piece of dough or batter, commonly made in a toroidal or ellipsoidal shape, and mixed with various sweeteners and flavors, sometimes filled with jelly, custard or cream.
- 4) A toroidal cushion typically used by hemorrhoid patients.
- 5) North America Anything in the shape of a torus
- 1) North America A peel-out or skid mark in the shape of a circle; a 360-degree skid.
- 2) A spare car tyre, usually stored in the boot, that is smaller than a full sized tyre and is only intended for temporary use.
- 3) Anything in the shape of a torus.
- 4) A deep-fried piece of dough or batter, commonly of a toroidal (a ring doughnut) often mixed with various sweeteners and flavourings; or flattened sphere (a filled doughnut) shape filled with jam, custard or cream.
- 5) A small ring-shaped cake made of rich, light dough that is fried in deep fat.
- 6) Something whose form is reminiscent of a ring-shaped cake.
- 7) A fast, tight 360° turn made in a motor vehicle or motorized boat.
- 8) A small cake (usually sweetened) fried in a kettle of boiling lard.
- 9) A small spongy cake made of dough (usually sweetened and spiced) and fried in lard.
- 1) She secured the crumbly piece of donut in Julia's little hand, and looked up to find Brian focused on the back wall.
- 2) Krispy Kreme donuts are almost too sweet for me to eat more than one at a time, but when that one donut is still hot from the fryer and freshly glazed, it is simply delicious.
- 3) XXXAngel ChopsXXX The bit about the about the donut is wrong.
- 4) If one donut is all you really want, you might want to stop into your local Krispy Kreme shop today (Jan 20th) because they are giving out one free donut to every customer in honor of Inauguration Day!
- 5) Hoops around a tube within a donut, is there an easier way to describe this magnificent piece?
- 6) Off to buy a donut from a local bakery … talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
- 7) The donut is the unifying principle underlying everything (hmmm, makes one wonder if there is a tie-in to the new Simpsons movie).
- 8) he ate a donut for breakfast
- 1) We had to take our coffee and miniature doughnuts lying down in the lounge.
- 2) But you cannot do that when you play like a doughnut.
- 3) Many councils offer free croissants and doughnuts.
- 4) Slide the doughnuts into the hot oil using a spatula.
- 5) My first job was jamming the doughnuts.
- 6) Come inside for a free doughnut too!
- 7) Want a doughnut with your coffee?
- 8) People camped out overnight for the opening of a doughnut shop in Bath.
- 9) Buy some doughnuts... and some organic broccoli and stuff.
- 10) And yes, apparently he does like his doughnuts with jam in.
- 11) We're guessing that sales of coffee and doughnuts have gone through the roof.
- 12) They split their morning worship into two halves, with coffee and doughnuts between.
- 13) When they see me burning rubber and doing doughnuts and stuff like that, it shuts anyone up.
- 14) FANCY a bottle of raspberry jam doughnut milk shake?
- 15) A collar like a huge doughnut moves up and down the column as waves pass.
- 16) ARE you the doughnut shop boss?
- 17) Would she have been so dismissive if I had been a jam doughnut?
- 18) And we had fruit cake and pound cake and doughnuts and two kinds of preserves, Marilla.
- 19) But for a viewer, sometimes it's the overworked doughnut we like to see succeed.
- 20) More unusual future careers include being a superhero, doughnut shop worker and working in a dinosaur museum, the poll found.
- 21) He said: 'My guilty pleasure is ring doughnuts with a lemon icing glaze and a little bit of lime on the top.
- 22) The part doughnut, part croissant pastry treat has been taking the US by storm.
- 23) The word doughnut was coined in the United States in the 19th century to name what the Dutch called olykoeks, portions of fried sweetened dough.
- 24) Scott Kennedy, Scout.com's recruiting director, said Wisconsin's quarterback vacancy made it the perfect example of what he calls a "doughnut" team.
- 25) It says that the doughnut is a loved Canadian food.
- 26) They sought what they called a doughnut hole-shaped district, centered on the county.
- 27) On Monday, he will start a humble, Hillary Rodham Clinton-like "listening tour" in doughnut shops and L stops through eight city neighborhoods.
- 28) Yep, that doughnut is still heading directly to you-know-where whether you eat it at 10 a.m. or 10 p.m.
- 29) Stokes arrested in doughnut shop; faces federal charge of faking military discharge records
- 30) Most of us know that a jelly glazed doughnut is not a healthy snack option, and that hitting the vending machine in the late afternoon isn't the best idea.
- 31) ‘The menu mentioned toasted teacakes, scones, doughnuts, Danish pastries and flapjack.’
- 32) ‘For simple fare, try sugar cookies, doughnuts, muffins or coffee cake with coffee and cocoa or hot spiced cider.’
- 33) ‘There's a place called the Donut Pub on West 23rd that makes confection and cake donuts.’
- 34) ‘There was ice cream, Jello, cream puffs, pies, doughnuts, coconut cake.’
- 35) ‘That turned out to be the start of an afternoon of stodgy chocolate cake, sugary donuts and a bag of free pastries from the coffee shop where they're getting to know our order before we even give it.’
- 36) ‘It was between pistachio semi-freddo with chocolate ganache and Italian donuts.’
- 37) ‘These little brioche doughnuts are filled with a chocolate ganache, which melts in the centre and oozes out as you bite into them.’
- 38) ‘Do not buy anything - candy, chips, doughnuts, Pop-Tarts, cookies or soda from a vending machine.’
- 39) ‘Cake, doughnuts and chocolate are the favourite snacks of many workers, with just seven per cent preferring healthy options such as fruit.’
- 40) ‘For dessert, give in to cliches: Order chocolate cake or donuts.’
- 41) ‘Officers found 22 items of food on display past the use-by date, which included bacon, orange juice, doughnuts, fruitcake and caramel deserts.’
- 42) ‘Members of the 24th Squadron brought cakes, doughnuts and jelly for the pupils.’
- 43) ‘We came down the back stairs and went over to the breakfast bar where there were doughnuts, English Muffins, coffee, milk, and tea.’
- 44) ‘Studies show that white-flour foods like cakes, cookies and doughnuts are the fourth largest source of saturated fats in our diets.’
- 45) ‘The assortment of homemade pastries is astonishing, ranging from simple cream-filled butter doughnuts to curry-beef buns.’
- 46) ‘A signature dessert is coffee and doughnuts, only the coffee cup and spoon are made of chocolate and the doughnuts are tiny and sublime.’
- 47) ‘Why do ring doughnuts only come with icing sugar on these days?’
- 48) ‘If the menu doesn't say you're getting a cake doughnut, assume it's made with yeast.’
- 49) ‘Neighbors hosted two events, one with coffee and doughnuts and another with desserts.’
- 50) ‘The only foods that you need to avoid are the ones that have no redeeming value, just empty calories - such as doughnuts and onion rings.’
- 51) ‘Joining the remaining pair of sides turns the cylinder into a doughnut, or torus (right).’
- 52) ‘It is endlessly turning upon itself, a torus, a doughnut, spinning on the axis of the circular cylinder that is the doughnut.’
- 53) ‘One unusual machine shoots a donut of compressed air.’
- 54) ‘The whirring and spinning of the laser mechanism within the donut gives the impression of being inside a washing machine.’
- 55) ‘The sides of the magnetic donuts also were draped, allowing the neurosurgeon to work within a sterile field.’
- 56) ‘This cannot be done round a doughnut, however, because the rubber band would reach the stage where it is constricted round the ring of the doughnut and cannot shrink any further.’
- 57) ‘So what are those stunted metal tube donuts called ball bearings for anyway?’