[ UK /wˈɪndləs/ ]
without or almost without wind
he prefers windless days for playing golf
How To Use windless In A Sentence
- This region of tropical rain-forests, with its moist, windless climate and constant warmth provides ideal conditions for the growth and well-being the cocoa tree.
- And at some distance beyond the top of the hill he sat down on the bank beside a nettled ditch, and with his book pressed down upon the wayside grass struck a match, and holding it low in the scented, windless air turned slowly the cockled leaf. The Return
- The quiet sun blazed down through the clear windless air and made a furnace of our hole in the sand. Chapter 13
- A heavier line and finally a steel rope then followed, a wooden box was slung on two steel sheaves from the steel rope and pulled by a steel wire from both ends and a windless operated by an African.
- Some say the old warhorses of the energy age, coal and nuclear power stations, will still be needed to cope with windless, sunless, waveless days.
- Only an attack by a voracious swarm of midges then spoilt a leisurely paddle under a warm, summer sun on a perfect, windless day.
- She saw the column of pale smoke rising vertically into the windless air from the chimney. COVER STORY
- The wind industry has received most of this $2 billion; today Angular Force Generation also known as windless windmill technology creates a new paradigm. WebWire | Recent Headlines
- As a result, we used to sleep with the many others on the open terrace, looking at the stars in a windless night, hoping that the fumes from the mosquito coil would keep away the buzzing creatures from us.
- By the light of the garage lamps I could see that it was still snowing, a windless, silent snow. Dark Secrets 2: No Time to Die the Deep End of Fear