[ US /ˌjuˌɛˈseɪ/ ]
- the army of the United States of America; the agency that organizes and trains soldiers for land warfare
- North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
How To Use USA In A Sentence
- As he ran past, the arquebusier shouted something about Susanoo, the kami of storms, and how he was punishing them for their arrogance. Blood Ninja II
- In 2005, the Mugabe government launched what it called a slum clearance scheme, that bulldozed major shantytowns, brutally displacing hundreds of thousands of people. CNN Transcript Mar 24, 2007
- Then there are the PIP implant problems that thousands of women have had to contend with. The Sun
- Does the plain, unsugared doughy type bagel look alike surpass the overly decorated with hundreds and thousands and pumped full of sweet chemicals with optional coating of chocolate (half dipped) Tescos Express doughnut win every time? Rabbit Stew. « POLICE INSPECTOR BLOG
- Despite their superficial similarity, submersion of minorities in English-only programs in the USA and Canadian immersion programs are different and they lead to different results.
- Having had some narrow escapes the priest was eventually arrested as a recusant priest and was tried by revolutionary Court.
- In present-day usage, despite Fowler's strictures, concern for classical and linguistic purity is minimal and the coining of etymological hybrids is casual and massive.
- Bounties were paid right across a banking sector whose incompetence threw thousands of innocents into jeopardy. Times, Sunday Times
- We'll fry anything - as long as it's fryable and edible, we'll make it deliciousable. Blogposts | guardian.co.uk
- Alimony (also called spousal support) is tax deductible to the payor and taxable income to the payee. How To Make Divorce Less Taxing