not having or using power
an autogiro is supported in flight by unpowered rotating wings
How To Use unpowered In A Sentence
- A glider pilot who's just won the right to work as an instructor, teaching others the beauty of unpowered flying.
- So it might be worthwhile to revisit the process of re-entry and examine what happened a year ago as the unpowered, 100-ton glider returned to Earth from 200 miles up.
- Umm, the X-38 was the basically unpowered (it only had enough delta-V to de-orbit, with most of the deceleration being provided by atmospheric braking, as it usual) Crew Return Vehicle - it had to be lifted to orbit by the Shuttle. Abbey Lane: They're Back - NASA Watch
- First, the experimenters tested three unpowered dummy missiles with ballast to simulate the N-69.
- Once airborne the rear-mounted propeller pushes the craft along and the unpowered main rotor spins to give the craft lift.
- Here steamers often unloaded or exchanged cargoes and butty boats, returning to London or working alone to Birmingham where narrow locks made it easier to use a horse rather than tow the unpowered boats.
- It represents the period of transition between unpowered bloomeries and blast furnaces, and will add a great deal to our knowledge of early iron working in the Lake District.
- During vertical movements, animals can take advantage of gravity or positive buoyancy to permit unpowered downward or upward locomotion for a longer period.
- Their advantage over the horse drawns, however, was their ability to tow several unpowered boats, known as butty boats. Express & Star
- an autogiro is supported in flight by unpowered rotating wings