[ UK /ʌnɒbzˈɜːvənt/ ]
not consciously observing
looked through him with blank unseeing eyes
How To Use unobservant In A Sentence
- However, on an overhead bridge, tucked in tight to the trees, was a police van happily snapping the unobservant. Times, Sunday Times
- Was he really so unobservant that he had not heard the barbed criticism behind that woman's comment?
- Blogger have recently added a new feature (well it's new to me, but I'm fairly unobservant, so it's probably been around for months) allowing you to create your own little profile page.
- The jokes in Daniel Goldfarb's affable comedy about an unlikely friendship between observant and unobservant Jews are as New York - specific as the cityscape set.
- Such a production is perfectly fine, is peachy-keen, is jim-dandy as long as the director is aware of making that choice and uses it meaningfully instead of simply being lazy or unobservant. Please Don’t Look | Living the Liminal
- Fortunately he was very unobservant so I could keep flicking my eyes away from my book to see which page he was on, and as we passed through Harold Wood, I saw that he was reading my column.
- I was 15 then and unobservant. Globe and Mail
- However, it would be a mistake to suppose that Walker was foolish or unobservant.
- I said I hadn't noticed it, to which it replied, ‘That's because you are somewhat unobservant and also rather repressed.’
- Careless, unobservant picnickers often sit on it. Times, Sunday Times