situated at or extending to great depth; too deep to have been sounded or plumbed
unplumbed depths of the sea
the dark unfathomed caves of ocean
the profound depths of the sea
remote and unsounded caverns
How To Use unfathomed In A Sentence
- The issue of motorists being impounded by road traffic officers over trivial charges has left pain in lots of people, deep as the unfathomed sea.
- At last, we advance some unfathomed problem and prospect foreground of cast - in - place piles.
- Paul's wonderfully bleak voice hinted at the band's as yet unfathomed depths and danger just beneath the surface.
- With blinded, tear-filled eyes she peered into that formless black and burning face and sensed in its soft, sad gleam unfathomed understanding. DARKWATER
- Is the deliberate manipulation of a culture a threat to the very essence of man or, at the other extreme, an unfathomed source of strength for the culture which encourages it?
- He closed his eyes tiredly and scenes from the night that changed his life seemed to have played itself in the unfathomed darkness of his mind.
- Imagine if it were otherwise: that, for each succeeding piece, we dipped into a barrel whose depth was unfathomed, with no idea how many more pieces there might be still to come; that there were no way of identifying the frame-making pieces; that (consequently) we had no idea of its extent. Religion is like a jigsaw: it makes a picture out of puzzling chaos
- To those at the dedication service in 1915, it must have perfectly captured the image of the dark, unfathomed sea closing over their loved ones.
- Two fiddles sang out in unison—a wild, hectic reel—and it was as if a puzzle box was opening itself before his eyes, each note a key to an unfathomed existence. FALSE MERMAID
- the dark unfathomed caves of ocean