[ UK /ˈʌɡlinəs/ ]
[ US /ˈəɡɫinəs/ ]
[ US /ˈəɡɫinəs/ ]
- qualities of appearance that do not give pleasure to the senses
- the quality of being wicked
How To Use ugliness In A Sentence
- They remain current because they are potent illustrations of where racism leads; their ugliness, their repugnance, is manifest. Everyone’s a Little Bit Racist?
- Comedy breaks down walls. It frees us for just a moment from the ugliness of this world. Goldie Hawn
- With live video feeds via satellite to a global market, much of the ugliness of war is brought into homes almost everywhere.
- She has written an updated foreword to her book about the ugliness that was Bonfire of the Vanities.
- If you want your pamphlets and novels to look nice, beware of your binder using what he calls his odd pieces, generally monsters of ugliness. The Private Library What We Do Know, What We Don't Know, What We Ought to Know About Our Books
- Suffering and death and all ugliness were forgotten in congenial and healthful companionship. Love and Life Behind the Purdah
- My last day there, we were caught in the middle of some ugliness on that bridge.
- And that ‘unusualness’ could be anything: beauty, ugliness, deformity, eccentricity…..anything. The picture not taken « knitnut.net
- Good, as goodness might be measured in their particular class, hard-working for meagre wages and scorning the sale of self for easier ways, nervously desirous for some small pinch of happiness in the desert of existence, and facing a future that was a gamble between the ugliness of unending toil and the black pit of more terrible wretchedness, the way whereto being briefer though better paid. Chapter 6
- This innocence clashing with the ugliness of life, was this good news for art?