[ US /ˈtɹɪsˌtæn/ ]
- (Middle Ages) the nephew of the king of Cornwall who (according to legend) fell in love with his uncle's bride (Iseult) after they mistakenly drank a love potion that left them eternally in love with each other
How To Use Tristan In A Sentence
- When he left, AEW took the unusual step of outsourcing to Tristan the management of two funds that Mr. Lewis had been running at AEW. U.K. Property Deal Puts Focus on Secondary Markets
- In Tristan it is not essential that the philtre is a true love-philtre, but here the case is different. Wagner
- Prosecutors for Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. want to interview the woman, Tristane Banon, as part of their inquiry into allegations Mr. Strauss-Kahn assaulted a maid in his suite at the Sofitel hotel in New York City on May 14. Probe of Ex-IMF Chief Is Widened
- Tristan threw up his hands in a dramatic gesture .
- Of course, when you think of it, The Waste Land was the first great cut-up collage, and Tristan Tzara had done a bit along the same lines. AUSTIN KLEON
- Careful to avoid making too much noise as I crept up the creaky stairs, I made my way to the one area of the flat that I'd not yet been: Tristan's quarters.
- The Welsh National Opera has mustered its forces to mount its second production of Tristan in only 14 years.
- The deal is vintage Ric Lewis , a fund manager with a reputation for opportunistic investing, and it marks his 10th acquisition since he left AEW in 2009 to form Tristan Capital Partners. U.K. Property Deal Puts Focus on Secondary Markets
- Tristan threw up his arms. "Look! The bloody thing's going straight for that hut. " He drew harder on his Woodbine.
- Tristan stood beside his son’s bed, gazing down at that cherublike face, his heart raw with regret. A GIFT OF LOVE