[ US /ˈtɹɔɫɝ/ ]
[ UK /tɹˈɔːlɐ/ ]
[ UK /tɹˈɔːlɐ/ ]
- a fishing boat that uses a trawl net or dragnet to catch fish
- a fisherman who use a trawl net
How To Use trawler In A Sentence
- A reduction in the days that vessels can spend at sea means trawlers fish harder near their home ports. Times, Sunday Times
- That's one of the main Spanish trawler Tuesday, and a self-proclaimed pirate said the hostage-takers were paid $3.3 million in ransom. WN.com - Articles related to EU navy arrests 13 pirates off Oman
- It got caught in a trawler's nets and died. Times, Sunday Times
- Fish biologists descend in bathyspheres and submarines to the deepest oceanic canyon, and trawlers scrape up odd saltwater nematodes and mollusks from the bottom sediments.
- In an Oct. 13 meeting with Minister José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, Obama said: ` ` Tell Raúl police Saturday detained 28 members of a far-right party who tried to disrupt an event held by a rival far-right tanker Monday farther out at sea than any previous assault, suggesting that pirate capabilities are growing as they increase intellectual Francisco Ayala, seen in this March 9, 2006 file photo during an interview with The Associated Press, in Spanish trawler Tuesday, and a self-proclaimed pirate said the hostage-takers were paid $3.3 million in ransom. WN.com - Articles related to Spanish PM vows sweeping reforms to boost economy
- The freezer trawler could trawl down to 500m off the rough West coast.
- A Pentrevah girl got herself in trouble with a young trawlerman and they eloped to the States. A Girl Possessed
- Campaigners say foreign fishermen who use two trawlers to tow a giant net are to blame and want the method banned. The Sun
- Too much Affordably Good Design made me want to go straight to a novelty shop in Devizes to buy a toby jug of a grinning trawlerman's head sporting a yellow sou'wester.
- Trawlermen in pursuit of these and other groundfish like pollock and haddock drag steel weights and rollers as well as nets behind their boats, devastating huge areas of the sea floor as they go.