- small edible yellow to purple tomato-like fruit enclosed in a bladderlike husk
- Mexican annual naturalized in eastern North America having yellow to purple edible fruit resembling small tomatoes
- annual of Mexico and southern United States having edible purplish viscid fruit resembling small tomatoes
How To Use tomatillo In A Sentence
- And what's traditional, tomatoes, tomatillos or neither?
- I've had great success with basil, begonias, coleus, impatients, tomatoes, and tomatillos.
- Add the onion and tomatillos and cook until the onion turns translucent.
- I made enchiladas last night similar to yours and they were delish; I love your use of fresh tomatillos in the sauce - I usually use canned. Sour cream chicken enchiladas recipe | Homesick Texan
- Housewives in prosperous areas can select from blushing Georgia peaches, fresh broccoli and plump kiwi, while señoras in less prosperous areas are limited to seasonal domestic fruit, tangerines and melons, and traditional produce like nopales (cactus), green tomatillos and chili peppers. Shopping in Mexico: the tianguis
- She has never seen a tomatillo plant suffer from fusarium or verticillium wilt, two soil-borne fungus diseases that affect tomatoes and other members of the Solanaceae family.
- Choose small, firm tomatillos and store them in an open container in the refrigerator.
- Think onglet marinated in tamarind and miso, with cassava chips and tomatillo chutney instead. Times, Sunday Times
- Add the garlic, tomatillos, and water and blend until smooth and well combined, about two minutes.
- Tamales Curra's Grill Order varieties like pollo verde (chicken in a tomatillo sauce) or salpicon de jaiva (crab with tomato and olives) from this Austin landmark. Food