- narcotic consisting of an alcohol solution of opium or any preparation in which opium is the main ingredient
How To Use tincture of opium In A Sentence
- After all, Coleridge had not drunk ayahuasca, he had taken tincture of opium.
- During the nineteenth century, laudanum, made from a tincture of opium, was a popular sleeping aid, but it was known to be fatal in large doses.
- Medications used in this approach include paregoric, tincture of opium, phenobarbital, benzodiazepines, and chlorpromazine.
- Police discovered ten bottles of barbiturate and amphetamine capsules plus some tincture of Opium in front of the offices in a plastic carrier bag.
- The tincture of opium might be useful, I supposed, for despair.
- Our tincture of opium of today was developed from Sydenham's laudanum.
- As to the tincture of opium (commonly called laudanum) that might certainly intoxicate if a man could bear to take enough of it; but why?
- As to the tincture of opium (commonly called laudanum) THAT might certainly intoxicate if a man could bear to take enough of it; but why? Confessions of an English Opium-Eater