- a tincture consisting of a solution of iodine in ethyl alcohol; applied topically to wounds as an antiseptic
How To Use tincture of iodine In A Sentence
- Skin should be prepared with 1 or 2 percent tincture of iodine or povidone iodine for incision, suture and collection of blood for culture.
- Liquid black ink, 25 c.c. Tincture of iodine 1 c.c. Allow the mixture to stand 24 hours, centrifugalise thoroughly, pipette off the supernatant liquid to a clean bottle and then add a crystal of thymol or one drop of formalin as a preservative. The Elements of Bacteriological Technique A Laboratory Guide for Medical, Dental, and Technical Students. Second Edition Rewritten and Enlarged.
- Is dot skin diminish inflammation good with iodin bend over good with tincture of iodine still?
- It is also called decolorized or "white" iodine and won't stain the skin the way brown tincture of iodine does. Chicagotribune.com -
- Not so long ago, tincture of iodine was one of the most popular of antiseptics.
- The tincture of iodine smarted when applied it to the wound.