[ US /ˈtaɪmɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /tˈaɪmɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /tˈaɪmɪŋ/ ]
- the time when something happens
- the regulation of occurrence, pace, or coordination to achieve a desired effect (as in music, theater, athletics, mechanics)
How To Use timing In A Sentence
- The timing of the minister's visit, however, could somewhat detract from the goodwill it's supposed to generate.
- The two leads give crackerjack performances, their timing, dynamism and interaction almost flawless.
- This multiplication of coverage is cunningly designed to bamboozle the party media minders who sit in party headquarters with stop watches timing their contributions to ensure balance.
- The timing of our statement is very opportune.
- THE timing of these arrests is interesting and may not be coincidental. The Sun
- Actual results may differ materially from those set forth in this release due to the risks and uncertainties inherent in Somaxon's business, including, without limitation, Somaxon's interpretation of its communications and interactions with the FDA relating to the requirements for approval of the NDA for Silenor, and the FDA's agreement with such interpretation; Somaxon's interpretation of the results of the clinical trials for Silenor, the timing of the interpretation of such results and the FDA's agreement with such interpretation; the potential for Somaxon to make a resubmission to the Silenor NDA; the potential for Silenor to receive regulatory approval for one or more indications on a timely basis or at all; the potential for the FDA to impose non-clinical, clinical or other requirements to be completed before or after regulatory approval of Silenor; Somaxon's ability to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the FDA that potential NDA approval of Silenor is appropriate prior to the completion of standard, long-term carcinogenicity studies, given the context of completed trials and pending studies; the timing and results of non-clinical studies for Silenor, and the FDA's agreement with Somaxon's interpretation of such results; Digital50.com Digital 50 Daily Industry News RSS Feed
- Is their timing right, or have they boobed again?
- Win the war by conceding control over timing. Times, Sunday Times
- Tony Blair showed impeccable timing by leaving his job just before the economy went phut. Archive 2008-11-01
- Timing is everything when it comes to telling that skateboarding babe you're majorly crushing on him.