having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities
the office of a clergyman is twofold; public preaching and private influence
a double (or dual) role for an actor
every episode has its double and treble meaning
three times as great or many
a claim for treble (or triple) damages
a threefold increase
How To Use three-fold In A Sentence
- Poorly ranked counties, such as La Salle and Livingston, had multiple challenges to overcome including: two - and three-fold higher rates of premature death, often from preventable conditions; high smoking rates that lead to cancer; heart disease; bronchitis and emphysema; high rates of obesity, which can put people at risk for diabetes; disability and heart disease; high unemployment and poverty rates and high numbers of liquor stores and fast-food outlets but few places to buy fresh fruits and vegetables. The Times Today's News
- Returning to our contemplation of Christ, let us look next at two three-fold cords in the Scriptures that attest the sinlessness of Christ.
- Within these forests, the mean number of exotic species increased nearly three-fold from 1938 to 1999, and two species not naturalized within the landscape in 1938, Lonicera morrowii and Rosa multiflora, had become widespread by 1999.
- A key measure of risk aversion for Asian "junk-rated" credit, the iTRAXX Asia ex-Japan high-yield index, surged to a record wide of 950 basis points this month, rising three-fold this year.
- At this time the limb bud can undergo as much as a three-fold increase in size.
- Our mission is three-fold: To undertake basic research to advance knowledge for its own sake.
- Christ as the only mediator of the new covenant is the everlasting Son of God and was foreordained by the Father for his three-fold office.
- Based on the WGI, the researchers estimate that when governance is improved by one standard deviation, incomes rise about three-fold in the long run, and infant mortality declines by two-thirds.
- Now the only sounds are the three-fold footfalls.
- Using an MFT strategy could result in a 2.5 to three-fold increase in the amount of time a single drug could be used, Boni added, reducing costly surveillance methods for drug resistance.