- mayonnaise with chopped pickles and sometimes capers and shallots and parsley and hard-cooked egg; sauce for seafood especially fried fish
How To Use tartar sauce In A Sentence
- We had cod goujons, which came with tartar sauce, and a slab of flavoursome chicken liver paté with a sweet redcurrant sauce and dainty triangles of toast.
- For brunch, try the Cape Cod cakes $11, croquettes of hijiki seaweed, herbs and spices served with a can't-believe-it's-not-mayonnaise-based vegan tartar sauce. Not Just for Vegetarians
- Other compelling dishes were grilled squid and asparagus spears wrapped in bacon, with a salsa tartar sauce, and langoustine on aioli-flavored rice. The Small Plates of Seville
- The tartar sauce had a zippy, homemade taste to it, and both our plates were rounded out well with green salads and ample servings of perfectly nice fries.
- We make a real remoulade, we don't serve a bottled tartar sauce, and our own cocktail sauce is made with fresh tomatoes.
- They like this spa-like environment so much, they depurate, or cleanse themselves of contaminants, making them fit for their ultimate dates with drawn butter and tartar sauce. Boston.com Top Stories
- You can drown your food in lashings of malt vinegar or tartar sauce.
- Not a bad portioned burger but they forgot the tartar sauce and lemon and it was slightly fishy. Crain’s Says Comfort Diner is Gone For Good | Midtown Lunch - Finding Lunch in the Food Wasteland of NYC's Midtown Manhattan
- Slabs of cod are battered and cooked until they take on a golden hue, then served with a lemon wedge and creamy tartar sauce.
- The inside was tasty, fluffy and tender, and barely required the creamy tartar sauce that came with them.