[ US /ˈtaʊz/ ]
- a member of the Pueblo people living in northern New Mexico
- an artist colony in northern New Mexico
How To Use Taos In A Sentence
- We had an exciting drive down to the Rio Grande, then a steep climb up to the mesa on the west side of Taos.
- “So tell me Bart,” she cajoled, “What's a guy like you doing in a one-horse town like Taos?” Bacon and Eggs, 1977
- We seemed to drift into tranquility once we reached the long plateau stretch on the high road to Taos.
- She calls on Saturday mornings when her friend is home in Taos, New Mexico, where it's an hour earlier than in Santa Lucía. Watching Pablo Sleep
- I was inspired by TAOS, an OS aimed at distributed systems that used a low-level virtual machine to make code portable; BeOS didn't really impress me much, but Oberon had some interesting ideas if woefully inadequate on the multiprogramming side. Snell-Pym » ARGON
- Now," Caleb said, clearing his throat, "you say the Cristóbal expedition came up from Santa Fe to Taos... ""Yes," Eve said quickly. ONLY YOU
- It it required tbat ft fall account of the procett employed, with t niiii uIm of its being racceeifiillx carried into effect, to be prodnced to tiK Society on or ft» - feae the int Taosdnj in Pebruary, 1885. Transactions of the Society Instituted at London for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures, and Commerce
- This two-week workshop (in Taos, New Mexico in June), taught by 1/24/08: Death and destruction
- The runway at Taos is ground-zero for exploring the ancient wonders of northern New Mexico
- Rescue work continued yesterday in remote Taoshan Village, where more than 20 houses were engulfed by floods and mudflows within minutes on Wednesday.