[ US /ˈtænd/ ]
[ UK /tˈænd/ ]
[ UK /tˈænd/ ]
- converted to leather by a tanning agent
(of skin) having a tan color from exposure to the sun
a young bronzed Apollo
How To Use tanned In A Sentence
- Confident, tanned and talkative, he looked the epitome of the champion he longs to be again. Times, Sunday Times
- Her dress showed her tanned skin to great advantage.
- In one, a rear view, Tritia was bent over the back of a couch, offering to the camera a perfect shot of her white untanned ass. Baby Games
- He pressed his palm against Rob's chest, felt his heart beating slowly beneath the smooth, tanned skin and taut muscles.
- He had steely blue eyes and almost perfect tanned skin.
- The image shows a slightly chubby-faced man with receding, dark cropped hair, tanned skin and stubble.
- They discover some pirate treasure at the bottom of the ocean, while looking ripped, tanned and clad in the skimpiest of skimpy clothes.
- She points to the Oscar Party Legs, the ones a drunken Jack Nicholson tried to violate after he won for Cuckoo's Nest, and the understated Nonprofit Fundraiser Legs she wore to Jerry Lewis Telethons, and the fake-tanned State Dinner with Reagan and Gorbachev Legs that the Secretary of State made her cover up with a long hemline, because their shade matched Gorbachev's birthmark. Centipede
- His sandy blonde hair contrasted with his dark tanned skin, implying that he was at the beach often.
- That lady, having discovered that her guest's gloves needed mending, was working over them with pieces of Indian-tanned buckskin and beeswaxed thread, the picture of domestic content. The Ranch at the Wolverine