[ UK /tˈækt/ ]
[ US /ˈtækt/ ]
[ US /ˈtækt/ ]
- consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offense
How To Use tact In A Sentence
- Dom recognized a master tactician when he saw one. SOMEDAY MY PRINCE
- My hand came into contact with a small lump.
- The contacts for the USB connector are even gold-plated to ensure better conductivity, according to Razer.
- Because wheat emerges so quickly, weeds must be killed before drilling using tillage or contact herbicides.
- Meanwhile, Mr. Christie is taking the same tact in what he described as a "passionate" relationship with Mr. Sweeney, who has the power to single-handedly block bills. Christie, Sweeney in Standoff Over Funds
- This seems like an unnecessary attention-seeking tactic, making sure we notice a particularly sleazy line.
- These require you to face manipulative individuals, relinquish your rights unfairly or be exquisitely tactful when you'd be justified in blowing up. Times, Sunday Times
- The State Department contacted American embassies around the world to make sure that they repeated the line that it was an aberration and not in line with American ‘values.’
- It should also be noted that there are no contact-period materials from the Johnson site and that the only historic materials recovered date to the nineteenth century and did not occur in the provenances associated with the figurines.
- Side effects of all topical treatments include allergic and contact dermatitis, depigmentation of surrounding normal skin, and postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.