- an extremely hard blue-black crystalline compound (SiC) used as an abrasive and a heat refractory material; crystals of silicon carbide can be used as semiconductors
How To Use silicon carbide In A Sentence
- Starting from a specific temperature, carbon atoms migrate to the surface and form a monoatomic layer on the - still solid - silicon carbide. EurekAlert! - Breaking News
- The production practice shows that addition of a proper amount of phosphoric acid for bricking of silicon carbide tray of the re-distiller is favorable for extending lifetime of the re-distiller body.
- Saint - Gobain Ceramics & Plastics acquires the Brazilian company Casil, first silicon carbide producer in Latin America.
- Chlamydomonas strains were transformed according to the silicon carbide whisker method of DUNAHAY 1993, with the following modifications.
- The countries have argued that Chinese restrictions on the export of several raw materials—bauxite, coke, fluorspar, magnesium, manganese, silicon carbide, silicon metal, yellow phosphorus and zinc—gave Chinese companies an unfair advantage by keeping the price of domestic raw materials low compared with prices in other parts of the world. China Loses Trade Appeal Over Its Curbs on Exports
- A compound known as silicon carbide, also known as carborundum, is one of the hardest substances known.
- Ceramic rotors (bottom left) and silicon carbide mirrors increase speed in modern galvanometers.
- Among the materials now under study are titanium- or nickel-based alloys and silicon carbide ceramic reinforced with carbon fibers.
- Most companies fabricate the chips by laying down a material called gallium nitride on wafers of sapphire or silicon carbide. The Quest for Cheaper, Better Lights
- While admitting that cordierite has low heat resistance when compared to silicon carbide, he feels that the material's limitations are offset by the total system’s approach.