relating to or extending over a limited period
a short-term lease
How To Use short-run In A Sentence
- The euro debate should be immunised from short-run questions of the level of sterling. Times, Sunday Times
- Perfect short-run marginal cost pricing in such a situation would have prohibitive administrative costs and might not achieve its aims because consumers would not have time to understand and react to the continually varying prices.
- The portion of the marginal-cost curve that lies above average variable cost is the competitive firm's short-run supply curve.
- Excess capacity in the private sector, most importantly in the job market, is still the biggest problem we face, and given the cost of capital right now, the best way to both reduce unemployment and the short-run deficit is to grow faster. Jared Bernstein: Improving the Debate in Washington From the Outside
- The short-run trend is towards more, not less, emissions.
- To distinguish between impacts that are due to a change in the one attribute and changes associated with multiple influences, it is common to differentiate between short-run and long-run impacts.
- This capital flight will breed a set of short-run macroeconomic problems. Outlook India
- I probaly should have left them out because they distract from the larger point I was trying to make, which is that in the Keynesian model, which everyone is operating from these days, one can equally stimulate short-run growth through consumption or investment. Matthew Yglesias » Don’t Knock the Post Office
- The most responsibility and the contribution to the failure probability for each component are determined and this short-run calculation will be easily computerizable.
- Slightly better short-run growth projections are welcome and will ease pressure on the public finances. Times, Sunday Times