[ US /ˈʃɑpɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /ʃˈɒpɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /ʃˈɒpɪŋ/ ]
the commodities purchased from stores
she loaded her shopping into the car
women carrying home shopping didn't give me a second glance
searching for or buying goods or services
went shopping for a reliable plumber
does her shopping at the mall rather than down town
How To Use shopping In A Sentence
- Should we no do a little what you call shopping for the babies, and haf a farewell feast tonight if I go for my last call at your so pleasant home?" he asked, stopping before a window full of fruit and flowers. Little Women
- Some retailers, including Sears, have already held some "door-buster" early-morning sales, which makes Black Friday -- the day after Thanksgiving that's looked upon as a kick-off to the holiday shopping season -- a little "grayer," he said. Boulder Daily Camera Most Viewed
- She went to the top of a multi-storey car park at Brent Cross shopping centre in north London, sent text messages to some of her relations saying, "I love you," and then jumped off. Mental health care under fire after suicide of 21-year-old model
- Prices may vary so it's well worth shopping around before you buy.
- The stores, usually located in suburban shopping centers, target middle-class consumers with brand-name clothing, accessories and furniture.
- Fashion outlets, also known as discount warehouse stores, are large shopping areas often located on a city's outskirts.
- While San Mateo is a pleasant destination for home shopping and browsing, it also has excellent restaurants and cafes.
- The retail group outbid all three competitors for space in the shopping centre.
- Last time I went shopping for the ingredients for taco soup, I found a brand of salsa (I forget the name) that offered salsas in different flavors, such as roasted garlic.
- The proposed shopping centre has called forth an angry response from local residents.