- a member of the Himalayan people living in Nepal and Tibet who are famous for their skill as mountaineers
How To Use Sherpa In A Sentence
- Babu and I wander into the sanctuary, looking at chest-high tablets inscribed with epitaphs for both Sherpa and foreign climbers.
- Putting my name on the label honors me, my family and Sherpas. Mary Orlin: The Himalayan Sherpa Behind This Wine Label
- Sherpas, well known as mountain guides and porters, live in the high mountains of E. Nepal.
- A leading newspaper editorial stated that the federal interior minister, Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao, during his visit to Beijing, got an earful from the Chinese minister of public security, Zhou Yongkang Zhou, who asked Pakistan for the umpteenth time to protect Chinese nationals working in Pakistan. Terrorism Spreading to Whole of Pakistan
- Sherpa Nima Dorje Tamang traverses a ladder on the Khumbu Icefall of Mount Everest in Nepal.
- Martz, who is single, has two small dogs: Su-Nae, a five-year-old Coton, and Sherpa, a 14-year-old Lhasa apso and the company's eponym.
- The Sherpas' reputation as excellent porters and guides on mountain-climbing and trekking expeditions has brought them a new source of income and, for some Sherpas, a comfortable living.
- A couple of our porters were also suffering from the height, and Pasang, our Sherpa sirdar (leader), was worried. SciFi, Fantasy & Horror Collectibles - Part 1074
- My favorite part of The Sun Also Rises is when Jake thinks about how it is easier to be hard-boiled during the day than at night. booksherpa The Sun Also Rises on My Preconceptions « Looking for Roots
- Now Chuck Schumer of New York, a lot of people familiar with him, he is the so-called Sherpa, the one who will be guiding Sonia Sotomayor through the process, trying to wrangle as much support as he can. CNN Transcript May 30, 2009