[ UK /ʃˈælɒt/ ]
- aggregate bulb of the multiplier onion
- small mild-flavored onion-like or garlic-like clustered bulbs used for seasoning
- type of onion plant producing small clustered mild-flavored bulbs used as seasoning
How To Use shallot In A Sentence
- Nutty sweetbreads, bitter greens, gently brash shallots, and velvety chanterelles suffuse farfalle in well-oiled repertory.
- Serve the oysters topped with the shallot relish and lemon wedges. Times, Sunday Times
- Stir the petits pois and parsley into the shallots, then add the wine and enough stock to just cover. Times, Sunday Times
- Saute a selection of mushrooms with butter and chopped shallots and garlic.
- Using a Microplane grater, zest about half of one lemon into the bowl with the shallots. Food-World Royalty
- Take out the pancetta pieces, add a slug of olive oil and sweat the shallots until they are soft and translucent. Times, Sunday Times
- Stir-fry until crispy while you peel and finely chop the shallots. Times, Sunday Times
- Jamie ordered fillet of beef wrapped in pancetta with port, shallot and foie gras ravioli, while I chose the loin of venison with fresh sage and honeyed Armagnac sweetbreads.
- Gently heat oil in sauté pan and add shallots; sweat over low heat five minutes.
- Add the panko, shallot, cheese, and corn into the crab meat. Anneli Rufus: SPAM Pie and Other Cooking Competition Winners