make sexual, endow with sex, attribute sex to
The god was sexualized and married to another god
Some languages sexualize all nouns and do not have a neuter gender
How To Use sexualize In A Sentence
- Sanitized and allegedly ‘Oedipal free,’ Branagh's Hamlet avoids any representations of non-normative sexual desire, repressing the sexualized maternal body with a vengeance.
- By which I mean the acceptability of sexualized metaphors for human interaction in general.
- American actresses have desexualized themselves, confusing sterile athleticism with female power. Sex and Writing: It's in the Details
- The guards' sadistic and sexualized treatment of prisoners was just an extension of the chaos they were already wallowing in with no restraint from above.
- Is it disgusting because it sexualizes children?
- The British, Americans, and French had been viewing sexualized images and reading sexualized representations of those they conquered for decades, as part of the right of conquest.
- Even Shiva, a god profoundly connected with sexuality and the phallus, is desexualized in a most bizarre way.
- Angry young men were politicized, while rebellious young women were sexualized.
- Interestingly, bared limbs were not necessarily as virtuous as bared breasts; over the centuries, the body has been sexualized and desexualized in many different ways.
- No faces or figures make it into the frame, presenting the sort of fragmentary view of the female body that in most any other context would constitute blatant objectification but here reads as a desexualized, intensely vulnerable collage of femininity. The Nervous Breakdown