[ US /ˈsɛvənθ/ ]
[ UK /sˈɛvənθ/ ]
[ UK /sˈɛvənθ/ ]
- position seven in a countable series of things
- one part in seven equal parts
- the musical interval between one note and another seven notes away from it
- coming next after the sixth and just before the eighth in position
How To Use seventh In A Sentence
- The lower opening is formed by the twelfth thoracic vertebra behind, by the eleventh and twelfth ribs at the sides, and in front by the cartilages of the tenth, ninth, eighth, and seventh ribs, which ascend on either side and form an angle, the subcostal angle, into the apex of which the xiphoid process projects. II. Osteology. 4. The Thorax
- On the seventh floor there is a big tea room where you can watch television and get a coffee while you wait for us to finish with Jason so you can give him a lift home.
- General Alfred Terry traveled due west from Fort Abraham Lincoln in Dakota Territory with a force that included Custer and his Seventh Cavalry troopers.
- In the men's 4 x 200-metre relay team, he finished seventh.
- But if there was no national style, there were local variations such as the monasteries and churches at Jarrow and Monkwearmouth in the seventh century. Early medieval architecture: a story of castles and churches
- There was a runner on first with two out in the seventh.
- Along the sixth and seventh floors of the western wing, a glazed corridor extends south beyond the building's edge.
- Practicing fourths and consecutive sevenths challenges the ear in ways that sixths and thirds don't, in addition to enhancing hand stability.
- Doherty took a 6-2 lead last night, compiling a 107 break in the second frame but Dale hit the highest break of the televised stages with a 140 in the seventh frame.
- Science, for instance, is in its seventh edition.