[ US /ˈsɛɫmə/ ]
- a town in central Alabama on the Alabama river; in 1965 it was the center of a drive to register Black voters
How To Use Selma In A Sentence
- A muselman procures ample temporary relief from worldly care for a mere trifle: he buys at the (_attara_), drug shop, for a penny, a small pipe of _el keef or hashisha_; this completely effects his purpose. An Account of Timbuctoo and Housa Territories in the Interior of Africa
- Also showing is Lebanese director Muhammed Selman's policier Bombings, Exile, Return: Cinema of a Scarred Land
- Selma wanted more corporations to hire her as their primary medical vendor.
- Base sa imbestigasyon, si Selma nagsunod sa usa ka dumptruck nga paingon sa Cebu city agi sa coastal road. Sun.Star Network Online - Your Source of Philippine Community News
- A minute and a half later, they began beating the marchers with bullwhips and nightsticks that day in 1965 on the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma.
- After a few terms at Selma University, he settled in Montgomery where he first entered the undertaking profession.
- Selman's cottonwood recruitment has been beset by salt cedar invasion, deer browsing, and heavy grazing by cattle on lush bottomland grasses.
- For this ‘crime,’ which no one understands but Selma and the audience, American justice will sentence her to the gallows.
- ‘Scrappy,’ said Selma, ‘if you want to go challenge God to a throwdown, you can be my guest.’
- Wesselmann's roughly 2-by-3-foot graphite drawing of an uninhabited, full-frontal Volkswagen in a bosky landscape, Drawing for Landscape #2, recalls the confident hand of Rivers.