a defense of some offensive behavior or some failure to keep a promise etc.
every day he had a new alibi for not getting a job
his transparent self-justification was unacceptable
he kept finding excuses to stay
How To Use self-justification In A Sentence
- When they eventually returned to base, Neville was full of self-justification. MOONDROP TO MURDER
- I have for years, during the life of the insinuator, held such self-justification unworthy of me; now even decency demands silence. The Essays of "George Eliot" Complete
- It is the picaresque story of an Irish adventurer who unconsciously reveals his villainy while attempting self-justification.
- He wrote a long and detailed account of Nelson's death, partly in self-justification, to say he did everything he could to save the country's number one hero.
- Their real skills are in playing politics, going to meetings, wandering around giving orders, self-justification and backstabbing.
- Pareto was more convinced that authority is simply a matter of fraud rather than self-justification by the elite.
- With two complicit systems of self-justification and self-fulfilling incomprehension reinforcing the divide, is there any way forward?
- Even if they wrote their thoughts down in their memoirs, you don't know if these were just self-serving lies made up as post facto self-justification for a place in history.
- The battle scenes are suitably bloodthirsty and chaotic, but they are balanced by scenes of self-justification and soul-searching.
- Fortunately for my peace of mind, which you might call self-justification, satisfied reactions to reviews vastly outnumber the rest.