[ UK /skˈʌmi/ ]
covered with scum
the scummy surface of the polluted pond
of the most contemptible kind
a low stunt to pull
a scummy rabble
his miserable treatment of his family
a scurvy trick
a low-down sneak
You miserable skunk!
How To Use scummy In A Sentence
- Queen Street W in our 'hood used to be kind of scummy with old air conditioning stores, dirty restaurants, etc. Archive 2006-12-01
- Because the alternative to forcing every state to cover prostate cancer, to keep SD from being scummy, is opening the door to every state being forced by the Federal government cover 130+ things you see on my list. Matthew Yglesias » Bipartisanship, Politico-Style
- He is able to be suave and scummy at the same time.
- That is what I call a scummy estate: filthy, evidence of drugs use everywhere, constant reminders of threat of crime, the sort of place taxis won't pick up from. The tragedy of welfare ghettoes
- They relocated to a scummy flat in South London where there would be no distractions.
- He spun his web and ran there and here in scummy clothes with bloodshot eyeballs.
- I hate the way trials work, given that they seem to require that kind of scummy defense. Teenager denies killing transgender woman
- God damn he is ugly, haha shameless the whip handles are way too low, there is no way he could get a good whip action with his grip that low. but yeah, he looks uhh rather scummy, which is uhh when rourke has been at his best. First Look: Mickey Rourke as Whiplash in Iron Man 2 | /Film
- Sure they're scummy, but compared to the stagnant ponds that make up Upper Hutt ‘City’, they are Mediterranean.
- He calls no shots, but works as the hit man on various scummy schemes.