strike or cancel by or as if by rubbing or crossing out
scratch out my name on that list
How To Use scratch out In A Sentence
- In fact, one of the things I ask the salespeople in my classes to do is to take out their business card, scratch out whatever title is on it, and write in CEO.
- Hendley held out hope the rest of the night that the Cubs might scratch out a run, but saw those hopes diminish rapidly as Koufax got stronger and stronger.
- Oldham continue to scratch out wins - can they keep it going all season or will their luck change?
- Gamall: You scratch out glyphs and think you have them?
- It's easier to edit - to scratch out a word is easier than backspacing over it.
- They love to crunch numbers and scratch out mock drafts on legal pads at work.
- Since my pocketbook is not penalized I´m personally pleased but feel sorry for my compatriots who are trying to scratch out a living. Tourism in Southern Mexico
- The Mariners and the Tigers scratch out their runs with bunts, strings of hits and a willingness to move the runners.
- Residents scratch out a living amid blocks of abandoned, boarded up, burned-out row houses and vacant warehouses.
- scratch out my name on that list