[ UK /skˈɛptɪkli/ ]
with scepticism; in a sceptical manner
he looked at her sceptically
How To Use sceptically In A Sentence
- The present embassy, a Modernist landmark by Eero Saarinen, is still regarded skeptically by critics.
- The Brazilian mobster looked von Rossbach over skeptically, rolling a toothpick from one side of his mouth to the other. T2©: RISING STORM
- It would take a trustworthy consensus among a wide group of researchers that have carefully, open-mindedly, and skeptically examined the question, the same sort of consensus that makes us confident about so many claims about physics, medicine, biology, astronomy, andmore. The Volokh Conspiracy » 3. The Practical Costs of Condemning Openness to Distressing Answers on Factual Questions
- Although I completed a kibbutz ulpan (or Hebrew immersion) program years ago as well as Sar-El, many of the men in boot camp seem to look at me skeptically. Robert David Jaffee: Punting on Israeli Army Boot Camp
- But viewed more skeptically, or some would say more pragmatically, the operation against Libya represented an intelligence and policy failure that exemplified the long-term refusal of the CIA and MI6 to shut down A. Q. Khan. Fallout
- So, I am viewing all parties here a bit skeptically, prepared to question the claim that the Danes are the happiest in the world indeed finding the question somewhat meaningless, while at the same time finding a certain amount of comedy in Bryan's exaggerated efforts to find something, anything, wrong with the HDI or other indices that show the Nordic countries doing pretty well. Against the Human Development Index, Bryan Caplan | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty
- Pliny reported (sceptically) on those who painted themselves a then fashionable monobrow from a paste of crushed flies. The Times Literary Supplement
- In particular, the high-church tradition of the Christian Reformed Church looks skeptically on revivalism and independent Congregationalism.
- The announcement was greeted sceptically by the press.
- The saleswoman raised an eyebrow skeptically; her voice sharpened.