[ UK /sˈiːn/ ]
[ US /ˈsin/ ]
[ US /ˈsin/ ]
graphic art consisting of the graphic or photographic representation of a visual percept
figure 2 shows photographic and schematic views of the equipment
he painted scenes from everyday life
- a consecutive series of pictures that constitutes a unit of action in a film
an incident (real or imaginary)
their parting was a sad scene
the painted structures of a stage set that are intended to suggest a particular locale
they worked all night painting the scenery
a situation treated as an observable object
the religious scene in England has changed in the last century
the political picture is favorable
the context and environment in which something is set
the perfect setting for a ghost story
the visual percept of a region
the most desirable feature of the park are the beautiful views
the place where some action occurs
the police returned to the scene of the crime
a subdivision of an act of a play
the first act has three scenes
a display of bad temper
she threw a tantrum
he made a scene
he had a fit
How To Use scene In A Sentence
- The scene will be etched on my memory forever.
- He specialized in moonlit and winter scenes, usually including a sheet of water and sometimes also involving the light of a fire, and he also painted sunsets and views at dawn or twilight.
- Maybe they should have a little log cabin, a hayride at Halloween, or Christmas scenery.
- The play is a little overlong and would benefit from cuts, but each scene is interesting and changes are smoothly executed.
- Silence is the rule for our heroes, and that means a bit of extra claustrophobia to scenes that would otherwise be totally generic.
- The look lasts around 24 hours before the saline is absorbed into the body and is part of the growing Japanese body modification scene. The Sun
- With no personal stake in the performance scene, Priyambada continues to be one of the most objective observers and commentators of the Odissi scene.
- One of a phases is a brand new SSC, though there is a lot happening behind a scenes. Student development student staff meeting june 23rd 2009
- The scene near the Chennai Kaliappa Hospital, on Tuesday was supremely ironical, and drew sharp reactions from tree lovers who were passing by.
- ‘Behind the scenes there are still a number of points that deserve attention,’ the unidentified official said, according to the semi-official Central News Agency.