[ US /sɔˈteɪ/ ]
- a dish of sauteed food
fry briefly over high heat
saute the onions
- fried quickly in a little fat
How To Use saute In A Sentence
- The adults' menu may feature grilled shrimp, charbroiled chicken, sautéed vegetables, and salads galore.
- Spaghetti carbonara and giant, ricotta-stuffed ravioli in an earthy sauté of porcini mushrooms, barely touched with tomato, both did credit to the pasta roster.
- Add edamame and sauté until glazed; season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in the paella pan over very high heat and sauté the garlic cloves. Times, Sunday Times
- Sometimes called "paillard," they also are great if you want to top them with other ingredients, roll them up and then saute them. chicagotribune.com -
- I was drawn to Chicken Satsivi, a Georgian dish, because of the sauce, satsivi, which is a paste of walnuts, sauteed onions, coriander, and garlic, liquidized with a broth and perfumed with cinnamon and paprika. Weekend Cookbook Challenge # 16 - Chicken Satsivi
- Add the diced onion and celery then sauté for five minutes. The Sun
- Place the pistachios in a sauté pan and lightly toast over medium heat.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a spacious sauté pan and stir in the onions. Times, Sunday Times
- First I sautéed onion and garlic in a casserole, and while cooking it I peeled and chopped a lot of carrots (they were so small I neede a lot of them, you know).