[ UK /sˈaʊəbɹˌeɪtən/ ]
- pot roast marinated several days in seasoned vinegar before cooking; usually served with potato dumplings
How To Use sauerbraten In A Sentence
- One liberal blowhard in favor of Obama is grateful to know that his recent craving for sauerbraten can be chalked up to his support of a "hitler type" instead of the cold weather and pictures of Oktoberfest on the news. Obama and NRA Ads
- The Germans and Czechs who arrived in west Texas in droves in the eighteenth century operated the meat shops, built smokers for their sausages and hams, and likely made the short leap from long, slow simmering (as in sauerbraten or cholent) to long, slow smoking (as in Texas brisket). One Big Table
- So it's fitting that it offers a three-week Oktoberfest menu (this year through Oct. 17.) that includes several wurst offerings ($8-$16) and German side dishes ($3) as well as a hearty, cut-with-a-fork sauerbraten "stew" (slow-braised bottom round beef marinated in red wine vinegar, with root vegetables on the side) for $14. Best of the Wurst in Princeton
- The reality, of course, is that it's often lonely in those fancy hotels or in restaurants chowing down sushi or sauerbraten on your own.
- Cinnamon and allspice chime in a thin, sweet-sour broth that has something in common with sauerbraten or the darker moles.
- This version of sauerbraten is distinguished by its warm spices and long, slow marinating. One Big Table
- I really have to wonder who their customers are, especially during the summer, but the food was good; I had sauerbraten with spaetzele and rotkohl. 6/21/08: Taos Toolbox, days 12-14 and wrap-up
- Joe Kohen for The Wall Street Journal The hearty sauerbraten stew, shown here, is slow-braised bottom round beef marinated in red wine vinegar with root vegetables on the side. What's Brewing in Princeton
- The traditional German restaurant, serving schnitzel, bratwurst, knackwurst, sauerbraten, and large quantities of beer, is rapidly disappearing in Germany.
- Today, at "Jean-Claude" he serves up dishes such as sauerbraten, or traditional pot roast. Good, Old Sauerbraten