[ UK /sˈeɪt/ ]
[ US /ˈseɪt/ ]
[ US /ˈseɪt/ ]
fill to satisfaction
I am sated
How To Use sate In A Sentence
- So they set up this fund to compensate victims in serious cases of abuse.
- Derek constantly overcompensates for his lack of intelligence by proclaiming himself the smartest man alive.
- He also worked part-time at a satellite uplink station.
- ‘I only wish farmers could be fully compensated for the incompetence, inefficiency and neglect of the Department over which Mrs Beckett presides,’ he said.
- Cereal song earth: Fictitious tellurion software, be together satellitic picture, map, encyclopedia and flight simulator conformity, decorate in an earth on three-dimensional model.
- As for the national outpouring of ersatz grief, reminiscent of the scenes that followed the death of Princess Diana, it surely spoke not of feeling but of an egotistical inability to feel, compensated for by outward show.
- An orbiting satellite picked up a distress signal from the ship's emergency beacon, standard equipment on all modern boats.
- She pointed to a heap of insensate lobsters piled in a corner.
- I wrote it early in 1945 and it was published in Wireless World in October, just after the war had ended, and it laid down the principles which now determine the world's communication system, the idea that you'd have satellites poised at such a height above the earth that they remained stationery in the sky and so-called synchronous, or geostationary, orbit. Great voices of science fiction
- Microsatellite markers are in lightface type.