[ UK /sˈælvɐ/ ]
- a tray (or large plate) for serving food or drinks; usually made of silver
How To Use salver In A Sentence
- Paraguay tea, which they call matte, as I mentioned before, is always drunk twice a day: this is brought upon a large silver salver, with four legs raised upon it, to receive a little cup made out of a small calabash or gourd, and tipped with silver. A General History and Collection of Voyages and Travels, Volume 17 Arranged in Systematic Order: Forming a Complete History of the Origin and Progress of Navigation, Discovery, and Commerce, by Sea and Land, from the Earliest Ages to the Present Time
- Included in the collection is a large engraved William IV silver oval tray and a pair of William IV sterling silver salvers, both dated 1831 and hallmarked 1833.
- Annette-Gabriele Purshouse, 18, was presented with the silver salver for the WI Diamond Jubilee Award last Wednesday at the group's annual meeting at the Wiltshire Music Centre.
- Hence the term quack-salver was commonly used in the seventeenth century, signifying an ignorant person, who was wont to extol the curative virtues of his salves. Primitive Psycho-Therapy and Quackery
- The waiter lifted the salver to reveal a rack of lamb surrounded by courgettes and tiny new potatoes.
- | Reply | Permalink communitychest telegraph libyanfightinggroup takeoffrocket oldtimer behindhand strung unmechanized bostonterrier verticalsurface questafter salverform genusuca activist quaestor ethmoid dipsomaniac highjinks mask crudeoil dashdown archipelago keneltonkesey genussynanceja afghan asarumshuttleworthii run-resistant genustrollius gutless psychiatrist Your Election Central Guide To Blogs Covering The 2008 Presidential Election
- Stafford near Dunrobin Castle in Sutherlandshire, in which the usual ringent form of the corolla was replaced by the form called salver-shaped. Vegetable Teratology An Account of the Principal Deviations from the Usual Construction of Plants
- He held a salver in his hand, and on the salver was a letter. From out the Vasty Deep
- We were waited on hand and foot, served from silver salvers with tasty canapés and our glasses were never empty,’ said Mr Clarkson.
- She proudly displays a silver salver from the Council's gardening competition last year.