- codfish preserved in salt; must be desalted and flaked by soaking in water and pounding; used in e.g. codfish cakes
How To Use salt cod In A Sentence
- It looked like watery stovies and a forensic examination detected only potatoes, salt cod and a green herb.
- For the fourth course, Gomes made a timbale that relies on Portugal's signature fish, salt cod. Jeanine Barone: Portuguese Kitchen Fun in Westchester
- But walk those extra blocks and through the sterile lobby of the Alexandria Centre and you will find yourself picking among bar snacks that include salt cod croquettes ($8), a raw bar with steak and sea urchin tartare ($14) and charcuterie such as the famed Spanish Iberico Pata Negra ($11). 'Top Chef' Judge Enters Kips Bay
- The great staple, the true meat of the population, is salt codfish, which is prepared in a great number of ways. Two Years in the French West Indies
- Salt cod, or bacalao, is a speciality across Spain, and reflects earlier times without refrigeration.
- In Portugal, salt cod is hung along the streets of fishing ports to dry. Food Watch
- Local favorites include salt cod with crumbled corn-bread, lamprey in red wine, or papas de sarrabulho—a steaming black mash that involves the heart, lungs, liver and throat lining of a pig stewed in the animal's blood. Within Portugal's Cradle
- Try the marinaded sardines, the fried artichokes, squid and the bacallà salt cod with a tomato salad. 10 of the best tapas bars in Barcelona
- It's a full of dazzling photographs, and brilliantly simple recipes, such as spicy gravlaks with aquavit, salt cod with peas and mint, spice-crusted salmon, fennel-stewed lamb, and rhubarb and strawberry soup.
- Octopus and squid ceviche, salt cod croquettes and pot-roast belly pork and cheeks were all good enough to go back for.