[ UK /sˌeɪdəʊmˌæsəkˈɪstɪk/ ]
of or relating to sadomasochism
sadomasochistic sexual practices
How To Use sadomasochistic In A Sentence
- This sadomasochistic element introduces complex shades of meaning to her character.
- Such sadomasochistic contact between consenting sexual partners is more common than was formerly believed.
- The various happenings at the club over the past two years have bordered on the sadomasochistic. Times, Sunday Times
- Women are portrayed as desexualized personae and seen through a sadomasochistic veil.
- A new standard for sadomasochistic depravity is set each time the cameras roll.
- Kurosawa's film conveys these messages without utilizing crude sadomasochistic images, yet it's a much more frightening film.
- In this sense, discipline can carry a sadomasochistic connotation of role-play in the interest of pleasure.
- Not, in fact, a sexy, sadomasochistic cult, Opus Dei was described inaccurately and to the extreme, for example, the spiked bloody cilice of Silas used to horrify readers and audience members. Archive 2006-06-01
- De la cintura para abajo (From the Waist Down, 1999) satirizes the boredom of a bourgeois couple who engage the services of an unemployed torturer after democracy is restored, to act as their sadomasochistic sexologist and help them solve their marital problems. Diana Raznovich.
- Parkour purists have a sadomasochistic belief in body conditioning. Times, Sunday Times