[ US /ˈsɑdəm, səˈdɑm/ ]
- Iraqi leader who waged war against Iran; his invasion of Kuwait led to the Gulf War (born in 1937)
How To Use Saddam In A Sentence
- He had taken a hard line about any country that harbored terrorists, and by his definition Saddam was a terrorist. Plan of Attack
- This job title presto changeo is just like the presto changeo of MK77, really bad if Saddam uses it, not so much if the US uses it the same way. Think Progress » Woodward Reveals Important Clues About White House Smear Campaign
- EU Referendum: Saddam "the federator of Europe" skip to main | skip to sidebar Saddam "the federator of Europe"
- But if the international community wants the hopeful prospects for the days, months and years ahead to materialize for Iraq, we must confront the reality of Saddam Hussein's intransigency. CNN Transcript Mar 5, 2003
- What there is, is a difficult political issue now that we have discovered the VPOTUS and his associates broke this law—not for a kidnapped child, but to justify the imminent invasion of Iraq with confabulated links between Saddam and 9/11. The Volokh Conspiracy » Radio Host Waterboarded, Says It’s Torture:
- Four guards escorted Saddam out of the courtroom after they cuffed him.
- If Saddam complies, that is the U.N. mandate fulfilled. CNN Transcript Nov 8, 2002
- How about we saved the Iraqis from the Saddam Hussein reign of terror? Cheney Will Speak at G.O.P. Convention - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com
- Saddam begins earnestly, from his position behind his desk, looking kind of natty in a light grey double breasted jacket and a white Panama hat with a black hat band, "This will take away some of the son's love for the father. Merrill Markoe: Hygiene Tips: Saddam's Forgotten Legacy
- As a member of the Iraqi National Congress, he worked for years to topple Saddam Hussein before being granted political asylum in the United States in 1997.