[ US /ˈsæd/ ]
[ UK /sˈæd/ ]
[ UK /sˈæd/ ]
her clothes were in sad shape
a lamentable decision
a sorry state of affairs
my finances were in a deplorable state
of things that make you feel sad
it was a very sad story
she doesn't like sad movies
When I am dead, my dearest, / Sing no sad songs for me
experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness
feeling sad because his dog had died
Better by far that you should forget and smile / Than that you should remember and be sad
How To Use sad In A Sentence
- Some groups consistently face discrimination: age is one mode of socially structured disadvantage.
- Employers and business groups contend that a higher minimum wage would saddle them with higher labor costs.
- Some of the most popular pairings pitted contrasting advantages and disadvantages against one another.
- This proposed procurement is a continuation of an existing contractual agreement for the developed prototype NASA Student Ambassadors Virtual Community (NSAVC) web site. ... Curious Virtual Community Procurement - NASA Watch
- Season with salt and pepper and tie string around each saddle to secure the caul fat.
- There is a tradition of magickal practice in my family but sadly it fell into abeyance a couple of generations back.
- It is also her misfortune to have been saddled with an unappetisingly needy role. Times, Sunday Times
- Their preferences ultimately shaped the place of worship that Warren built, and the result of that consumer-driven approach to creating Saddleback is a deliberately contemporary, highly professionalized operation with a carefully orchestrated feel-good atmosphere. American Grace
- The latest strategy is now seen dropping unsupported accusations across the media spectrum to the effect that the intelligence agency's assignment of Ambassador Joseph Wilson to look into the now-discredited Iraq/Niger/uranium claims were all part of a long-term insidious scheme to try and discredit the Bush Administration. Brad Friedman: Wingnuts Declare Coordinated All-Out Cross-Media War on CIA as Newest Front in TreasonGate!
- Certainly observant Jews remember the crusaders as evil butchers, who on their way to Jerusalem, slaughtered and massacred many thousands of Jews and decimated entire Jewish communities such as Speyer, Worms and Mayencea and of course, when they arrived in Jerusalem, put the holy Jews of the city to the sword. On Thursday, the Legg report will be published along with...