[ US /ˈɹiˈmeɪk/ ]
creation that is created again or anew
it is a remake of an old film
She is remaking her image
How To Use remake In A Sentence
- Haven't seen remake, so I think my perceptions of the Wenders flick were relatively uncolored by expectations of what I thought it was ‘supposed to’ be about.
- It is a remake of an old film.
- The remake was funny, full of good jokes, strong characters and little blasts of impotent rage. Times, Sunday Times
- In spite of her off-screen antics, she remains the darling of Disney remakes, with her on-screen innocence and charm.
- While the remake of Japanese horror might be novel, remaking a film has become standard Hollywood practice.
- The in-flight movie was the remake of The Manchurian Candidate, about a politician who receives instructions whispered into his ear by outside manipulators.
- The remake of 'Casablanca' was a pale imitation of the original movie.
- Between 1984 and 1987 he personified our inchoate desire to shake free of the Muldoon years and remake ourselves in a bolder, prouder way.
- Do you have any problem with Hollywood's recent trend of doing big-budget remakes for classic low-budget horror films?
- The same can be said for a remake, because you want to preserve the original while including some new elements that makes the title stand out from the original. AskMen.com - HOME PAGE