put trust in with confidence
you can rely on his discretion
she is someone you can really rely on when times get rough
How To Use rely upon In A Sentence
- The union of Christ and the Father within the Godhead is that which we are to believe and rely upon for the certainty of our salvation.
- Cambrai might rely upon advancement to a cardinalship, and steps were taken, but without any good result, to bring about that event. Court Memoirs of France Series — Complete
- Should any relative complain, the doctor may rely upon the directive as justifying his actions.
- This theory does rely upon a swift resolution, and a prolonged conflict would have an equally opposite and negative reaction to the rebound in the global economy and stock markets.
- Could relying entirely upon the parent's insurance possibly increase the costs for camper health care?
- While such appeals occasionally make a ten-strike, the average correspondent must rely upon logic and "reasons why" in making his appeal to men. Business Correspondence
- But alas! my dear Mr.B. was never yet thought so entirely fit to fill up the character of a casuistical divine, as that one may absolutely rely upon his decisions in these serious points: and you know we must stand or fall by our own judgments. Pamela
- A more difficult question is whether employers can rely upon collective agreements to circumvent the need to make job reassignment.
- If we intend to rely upon questionable metaphysical assumptions, that should at least be explicit, and open to negotiated change.
- There are ways it may be useful, but it is too difficult to regulate to rely upon it. THE GOLDEN FOOL: BOOK TWO OF THE TAWNY MAN