[ UK /ɹɪfˈɜː/ ]
[ US /ɹəˈfɝ, ɹɪˈfɝ/ ]
[ US /ɹəˈfɝ, ɹɪˈfɝ/ ]
seek information from
You should consult the dictionary
refer to your notes
think of, regard, or classify under a subsuming principle or with a general group or in relation to another
This plant can be referred to a known species
use a name to designate
Christians refer to the mother of Jesus as the Virgin Mary
make reference to
His name was mentioned in connection with the invention
have as a meaning
`multi-' denotes `many'
be relevant to
There were lots of questions referring to her talk
My remark pertained to your earlier comments
send or direct for treatment, information, or a decision
refer a patient to a specialist
refer a bill to a committee
How To Use refer In A Sentence
- The authors of the second paper admit that â€œother variables … influence the binding avidity (preference), such as type of SA (sialic acid of the receptor site) and glycosylation and sialylation of the hemagglutinin close to the receptor binding site. â€ These factors all vary obviously and there are other variables in the equation as well including the status of specific areas of the immune system. Think Progress » An Inconvenient Truth and An Intolerable Summer
- I prefer men to women.
- Unions and managers are now referring to the stand-off as ‘class war in the classroom’.
- None of the fathers' job descriptions given on the birth certificate referred to work at a nuclear establishment.
- She was carrying her overnight case and a basket of dried flowers-statice, strawflower, and immortelle in the pastel colors referred to in seed catalogues as "art shades": fawn, apricot, mauve, and pale yellow. Incubus
- The new taxon is named Gamerabaena, and the authors note, under etymology, "'Gamera refers to the fictional, firebreathing turtle from the 1965 movie Gamera, in allusion to his fire-breathing capabilities and the Hell Creek Formation ... "Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done."
- Which of them will prefer football and which the ant nest, we'll have to wait and see.
- Another trend referred to two related areas – increased user-centeredness and increased inter-disciplinarity. Archive 2008-02-01
- Some find it repugnant, others see them as casualties in an undeclared war that is greatly preferable to the alternative of full-scale conflict. Times, Sunday Times
- Would you like an aisle seat or would you prefer to be by the window?