[ US /ˈɹæʃənəɫi, ˈɹæʃnəɫi/ ]
[ UK /ɹˈæʃənəli/ ]
[ UK /ɹˈæʃənəli/ ]
in a rational manner
we must act rationally
How To Use rationally In A Sentence
- And the people who were subjected to hard yakka, slave labour if you want, or removal from islands because of drinking problems or fighting and they have complete hate and they've handed it down generationally.
- If we fail to develop emotional intelligence, or cannot control or restrain our emotions, we will lose our intellectual ability to think, reason and live rationally and intelligently. Dr T.P.Chia
- And now that we understand that, it may be possible to engineer novel, rationally-designed biomaterials that can control those interactions.
- they reacted irrationally to the challenge of Russian power
- The first is that white defaults should percentagewise exceed black defaults on loans at that institution, because the black borrowers have been held to irrationally high standards by their racist lenders. The Volokh Conspiracy » The Further Left You Are the Less You Know About Economics:
- An ethics based on this undertanding focuses not on rationally finding, mapping, and teaching the real nature of reality, nor on pluralistically respecting irreconcilable differences while recognizing a simultaneous unity, but instead on drawing connections between different methods of making meaning and on coordinating the actions of people using different conceptual frameworks. Karl Higley - Spirit, Kosmos, Essence
- Miguel blinked, appalled and overwhelmed before rationally reasoning with himself, as all mathematicians can.
- If a Romney drowns in a river, they were probably trying to commit suicide, but changed their minds, and then irrationally swam upstream, thinking they would be saved because they'd had this stupid expression drummed into their heads that swimming upstream was a good thing to do, even though it's not. "What the Hell is Mitt Romney Talking About?"
- If there is any excess refining capacity anywhere else, the gas refiners would rationally move the gas to those other refineries, since they could get the full market wholesale price elsewhere.
- Rationally, he knows that she won't ever go back to him, but emotionally he can't accept it.